Ways to Wellness: Adrenal Support Tips
Do you feel stressed? depleted? tired? emotional?
We all have times when we feel this way and some people feel this chronically.
This could indicate your adrenals are depleted/fatigued.
An adrenal imbalance can result in sugar cravings, weight gain, sleep disturbances, cloudy thinking, irritability, gut issues, WEAKENED IMMUNE SYSTEM, anxiousness, hormonal imbalances and the list goes on...
I first learned about my adrenal glands when I suffered from chronic fatigue when I had endometriosis.
So often with the lifestyle we lead these days our adrenals take a beating. When we are sleep deprived, over worked, too busy, stretching ourselves too thin, trying to keep up with the Joneses, our adrenals have to work overtime and eventually they can’t keep up with our lifestyle.
In practice I see many clients that need adrenal support. There are many ways in which practitioners like myself can support healthy adrenals on a physical, emotional and nutritional level but it is also VITAL to make changes to your lifestyle.
You can’t change how you feel without making changes! And CONSISTENCY is important!
Here are the adrenal support tips I recommend implementing into your daily life until your adrenals recover:
- Go to bed early, before 10pm (ideally 9pm).
- Avoid caffeine and chocolate, even CACAO!
- Avoid tomatoes.
- Avoid high intensity workouts but do low intensity movement like walking, yoga or swimming.
- Avoid sugar.
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet.
- Get outside and into the sunlight, not only for Vitamin D but to support a healthy circadian rhythm (ideally in the morning).
- Take Vitamin C (your adrenals burn a lot of it).
- Take ACTIVATED B vitamins, especially Vitamin B5 (your body burns a lot of B vitamins when stressed).
- Take adrenal support herbs.
- Drink water with 1/8-1/4 tsp Celtic sea salt and freshly squeezed lemon in the am and/or in the afternoon.
- Roll on our Adrenal Support essential oil blend daily.